Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Week 37 Dr. Appt

Wednesday Mike and I had another weekly appt. with Dr. Abney. Before the exam began I asked her what percentage effaced I was last week and she said that I was 25% effaced.

This week I gained 4 pounds (HOLY COW) - most of which I think is water weight gain because my feet are beginning to swell slightly. I am lucky that I didn't start swelling earlier in my pregnancy.

She was extremely surprised to find that I am now 50% effaced and dilated to 2 cm. Most importantly, Sayer's head has dropped so much that it was difficult for her to get to my cervix. So, she said whatever I did this week to keep doing it because it is working. For a first time pregnancy I am progressing very rapidly!

Mike asked when she would consider inducing... and based on this exam she said that she would induce on December 17th, although she said that she would be surprised if I make it till then. This is a total change from last week... YEAH!

Hopefully my cervix will continue to thin out and this little boy will make his entrance to this world in the next week or so. If he doesn't we still only have 13 days to wait... I can handle that! Now we're down to crunch time... several things to finish up before then!

1 comment:

The McMillian's said...

We are very excited for you guys and can not wait for the arrival of Sayer! :) He will be here before we know it...