Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 24, 2011

Time to tackle the potty!

I decided a long time ago that I was not going to let potty training stress me out. I wasn't going to force it and I would tackle the issue when the time was right. After several days of being asked to "change me - I wet" I decided the time was right.

So, we sent Greyson away for the day and spent Saturday tackling the potty.


Big boy underwear, stickers for the potty sheet and special treats... we were ready!


Saturday started off pretty rough. There was more pee pee on the floor and in the big boy pants than in the actual potty that day. But, Sayer still earned seven stickers for going pee pee on the potty and one BIG sticker for going poo on the potty. All in all a pretty successful first day of training.

Sunday was a whole different story! Sayer did GREAT! He went to the bathroom in the potty all day long and only had one accident when we were outside playing. I was amazed and so, so proud of the little guy. By Sunday night he even took the initiative to go all by himself. WOW!

Sayer's potty sheet on Sunday night was covered with stickers! He was so proud of himself.


Today was the first day of big boy pants at daycare, so I packed up several pairs of big boy underwear, some extra pants and shoes and sent him on his way. Of course as a mama, I thought about him all morning long. So, just before naptime I touched base with one of his teachers and she confirmed that he had been dry all morning - no accidents. WOW! I was amazed. When I picked him up from school I was shocked to find that he was in the same pants and underwear that I had sent him to school in. He made it ALL DAY at school on his third day of potty training with ZERO ACCIDENTS.

He was so proud of his sticker sheet. It was covered with stickers from going pee pee in the potty all day. Even more proud than the sheet was the fact that he had spent time in the pre-school room and the pre-k room. He LOVES those rooms! And he was so happy to get to spend time with his buddies.

Way to go Sayer! Mommy and Daddy are so proud! Keep up the good work buddy! We love you.

No comments: