Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Now I'm a Really Big Boy!

At the beginning of September we moved Sayer to his big boy bed. When he moved from his crib to his toddler bed that was a "big boy bed" move, so this time I suppose it was a "really big boy bed"! He was so excited to help his Daddy put the bed together and make the move. It was pretty darn cute. He "helped" assemble the bed, carry the mattress upstairs and put the sheets, pillows and all of his animals on the bed when it was finished.

I don't think that I will ever forget that look on his face when he first laid on that bed. He had such a look of pride and joy. He couldn't wait for Mommy and Daddy to lay on HIS bed with him.


Now, if we could just get back to those nights of sleeping all night alone on that really big boy bed. Since we've had it up, I think I've slept in there almost every night. He does really good for the first 3-4 hours, then he shows up downstairs by my side asking me to come and lay with him. Needless to say, this Mommy has had lots of not so good sleep lately. I just keep reminding myself that there will come a day when he won't want his Mommy as much as he does now, so I should appreciate even those sleepless nights while they last. Love you Bubba.

No comments: