Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Race for the Cure... August 2011

In April 2009 my life was forever changed when my Aunt Karen was diagnosed with breast cancer. Seeing her immediately undergo a double mastectomy followed by rounds of chemotherapy was really difficult. It brought a whole new awareness and appreciation of cancer to my life.

This year to honor her as a survivor and to help raise money for breast cancer research and support for those battling the disease, Mom, Aunt Karen and I walked in the Kansas City Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.

What an amazing experience. Emotional, Uplifting, Inspirational are just a few words that come to mind when I think of the event and the hundreds of thousands of people that were there to show support. This is something that will undoubtedly become an annual event for the three of us!






No comments: