Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

RIP Diddle Dubbies


He joined me shortly after my birthday in 2002. He was the present that I gave myself. We were a family of two and he was my everything. My best friend, my companion, my baby.

I met Mike about five months after and he soon learned that Gussie and I were a package deal! So, we became a family of three. For 6 years he was our baby... long before we had the boys. My mom would say that Gussie lived a life that was better than some kids ever get to experience - and she was right. We loved him with everything we had and we treated him like he was a human. As a dog, he couldn't have wanted for more.

Saying Goodbye to Gussie on January 9th was one of the hardest things that I have ever done, but I know it was for the best. He was suffering from congestive heart failure, which came on quickly and unexpectedly. I know that he is in a better place now - free of suffering and being smothered with kisses by Grandpa Freddie and his best buddie Jake.

I got his ashes back last night, so we will bury him on my grandparents farm.

Thank you Diddle Dubbies for being the best dog one could ever ask for. I love you and miss you so much already. This house just isn't the same without your voice!


No comments: