Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 26, 2008

Week 27 Dr. Appt

Yesterday we went for our week 27 appt and glucose screening for gestational diabetes. The appt. went well... Sayer's heartbeat is still strong, my belly is still growing and I didn't gain any weight this time. The glucose "cocktail" that I drank, on the other hand, was not very good. I was able to get it down, but it tasted like I was drinking pure syrup.

Today I got a phone call from the nurse telling me that I had not passed the screening, which means I have to go back to the office on Monday for a 3 hour glucose screening. At which time I get to drink more of the glucose "cocktail". They will take my blood every hour and when the results of this test come back I will know if I have gestational diabetes or not.

I am really praying that I don't... with the holidays coming up it will be hard to stay away from the sweets!

27 weeks = 23 pounds

No comments: