Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hollis

I was introduced to Hollis the Thanksgiving after Mike and I met by his family. What an amazing place it is!!

Hollis is a Lutheran camp that is in Kansas, not far from where we live. It sits in the middle of the woods and has cabins, hiking trails and a clubhouse / retreat that you can rent for events. For the past 8 years we have celebrated Thanksgiving with family and friends the Saturday after Thanksgiving. For us it is a time to relax, celebrate, converse, explore and laugh.

This year Sayer was able to do some of his own exploring at Hollis. He had a wonderful time running around the clubhouse playing with wooden sticks, pretending to play the drums and just sitting at the table chatting and hammering away with the wood pieces.




Greyson spent a lot of time being passed around from person to person just being "loved on" and sitting and talking with his Grammy.

I was able to spend some time with the older kids... taking pictures and hiking through the trails in the woods. They had fun pretending and exploring and I had fun listening to them pretend. It brought back so many memories that I had as a kid doing the same kind of exploring with my brother and cousin on my grandparents farm.



What a fun day spent with wonderful friends and the best family!

No comments: