Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's a...

BOY

We had our 19 week ultrasound yesterday and confirmed what we have been thinking all along... we are having a baby boy - Sayer Michael. We are thrilled! The first image we saw was the baby flexing his muscle... like father like son!
We found out that Sayer weighs 12 oz. and his heartbeat is at 154 bpm. It was amazing to us how much you could see in this ultrasound - the ribs, the spine, the 4 chambers of the heart, the bones in the arms and legs... check out the pictures.


We also found out that I have placenta previa, which is where my placenta sits below my uterus and is blocking my cervix. The sonographer told me 99% of the time as the uterus grows it pulls the placenta up and away from the cervix and corrects itself. At this stage in my pregnancy it is nothing to worry about. I will, however, have to have another scan in my third trimester to determine if a c-section will be required. I am excited to get to see Sayer again in a couple of months and if I have to have a c-section to deliver a healthy baby... it is fine by me.

As soon as I left the doctors office, I met Mom and Aunt Karen so we could do some shopping. We went to Marshmallow Kisses and bought as many boy clothes as we could. I think we were there over an hour just looking through clothes... I left with a bag full of goodies! It was so much fun - now time to start thinking about decorating the nursery. I am so excited since decorating is my passion.

I still haven't felt this little guy move around yet - or maybe it's that I haven't been able to tell the difference between gas pains and baby movements. I cannot wait for the day that I can feel him move - my friends have told me that is an amazing feeling.

Babies are true miracles from above. When I sit and think that I have this little miracle in my belly moving around it just brings me to tears. I am so thankful that God chose Mike and I to participate in the miracle of life. We are truly blessed! And extremely thankful!

Weight gain to date = 9 pounds

2 comments:

The McMillian's said...

Ashley and Mike,
Spencer and I are so excited for the two of you!! I have been waiting for you to post information about the doctor visit! :) haha We cannot wait to meet Mr. Sayer!! You guys will be GREAT parents!! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on your baby boy!!! I love the name too!!