Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 25, 2008

Dr. Appt. - 18 weeks

On Monday I went to see the doctor because of some unusual pains that I was having. She checked the heartbeat first and had a hard time getting it because the baby was extremely active. She finally did get it though and measured it at about 140 bpm which was perfect.

She then examined me to make sure that my cervix had not dropped and was still closed to ensure that I was not having contractions. Everything checked out there as well, so she determined that the baby was in a breech position and when he was kicking, he was hitting some nerves by my tailbone which was causing the shooting pains through my mid section.

We will go back for our next appt. at the end of August. Next Wednesday, however we have our ultrasound and are extremely excited to find out the sex of the baby. Hopefully we will get full cooperation.

I forgot to ask how much weight I had gained in the three weeks since my last appt. I will find out on Wednesday and update the blog with that info... I know I am definitely gaining because my belly is growing and so is the baby!

No comments: