Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Merry Christmas Ms. JoDe

I think that I can remember almost every trip that I ever made to Ms. JoDe's house as a child. Every visit was memorable... exploring her basement full of goodies, admiring all of her precious collections, choosing from a selection of sweets and always being treated like I was a precious little lady!

I am so thankful that Ms. JoDe is able to share so many of those things with my boys now. Trips to JoDe's house, I hope, will be fond moments that they will remember and treasure for the rest of their lives.

Exploring...
Sharing...
Admiring her collectibles...
Eating as many cookies as you possibly can and drinking out of real glassware
like a young man...
Being loved and hugged by Ms. JoDe...
One thing that is missing now, that my boys will not get to experience, is the love and admiration of Jim. What an amazing man Jim was! I will always remember the love and attention that he always showed my brother and I. And, I will always remember what a sharp dressed man he was. That is why this quilt is so precious to me - it was made out of Jim's ties. I cried when JoDe first showed this to me and I just think that it is one of the most amazing keepsakes that she could ever have. It is absolutely beautiful!



Tamara and her little buddy Baby Grey!

No comments: