Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 10, 2008

Birthing Class

Saturday Mike and I spent the day at our birthing class.


Mike with our pillows and blanket before class
Although parts of the class were pretty interesting there were a lot of things that could have been taught in just a couple of hours. We learned breathing techniques, laboring positions and comfort measures.

One of the most interesting things was seeing the epidural catheder... it was a lot smaller than I imagined it being. Also, getting massaged by my husband for a couple of the hours was a nice little bonus.

Tonight we went to the hospital to pre-register and tour the labor and delivery floor. The maternity care coordinator showed us the room and broke down the bed for us so we could see how it all worked. Mike was a little taken aback at the bio-hazard trash bag that was placed under the bed.

We are getting extremely anxious, but I have to admit I am getting a little nervous as well. The birthing class made me really think about the contraction and labor pains. I just pray that the epidural will come sooner than later!

No comments: