Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sayer's Baby Shower!

On Saturday, Aunt Karen, Aunt Missy, Farrah and JoDe hosted a ladies baby shower for Sayer. We had such a great turnout and I saw several friends that I hadn't seen for quite some time. Grammy and Papa were even able to come into town for this shower and help celebrate the soon to be arrival of their newest grandson.


Saturday was a day of many sentiments and tears of joy. Leave it to my family to always give those gifts that are right from the heart! These are the gifts that are priceless...

Aunt KiKi gave Mike and I a book wrapped in Christmas paper (which I thought was a bit odd until I read the card that was attached). Ashley and Mike - You may recognize this wrapping paper is not entirely appropriate for a baby shower. There is a reason for that... I bought this gift for your baby when you were pregnant last year. That's a time not easily forgotten, not should it be. You have been blessed with a healthy baby boy to love and share this book with. Just know that we look forward to being there for every moment of this precious baby boy's life. With love - Kelly, Michael and Emma Grace.

Grammy made a blankie for Sayer. It matches the nursery perfectly.

Grandma Ballard (Sue's mom) made a quilt for Sayer. What a loving sentiment.

MiMi made a blankie for Sayer. The card read: I hope Sayer enjoys this blanket as much as I enjoyed making it for him. I remember how excited Mom was when she made yours - her 1st grandchild. I know I have "big shoes" to fill at being "Mimi." I felt Mom guiding my hands as I sewed Sayer's blanket. She would love this little guy so much. I am beginning to realize the love that she felt for you as my heart is so full of love for my first grandchild. Love you forever. Mom / Mimi

Mom and Aunt Karen gave Sayer (the first great grandchild) one of my grandpa's Pioneer hats that he always wore and his baby shoes that had been bronzed.

Also, Aunt Karen refurbished the bassinet that had been used by she and mom as infants and that they used for Jason, Justin and I when we were infants. She recovered the base of the bassinet with fabric to match the nursery. I love it.

I am so appreciative of everyone's kindness. Sayer received so many wonderful gifts. This cute stork basket was from Aunt Stacy and Lily.

Katie Dawn and Grandma Kathy made this diaper cake for Sayer. It is AWESOME - the picture doesn't even do it justice! I have it sitting in the nursery and I am not going to take it apart until just before (or maybe just after) Sayer's arrival. I know that they put a lot of time and effort into making the cake and it does not go unnoticed. It is amazing! Thank you so much!

Thank you everyone for such an amazing shower. We love you!

No comments: