Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Nursery Decor Coming Together...

I have been doing some shopping over the past couple of weeks and the nursery decor is starting to come together. We are making one of the guest rooms upstairs the nursery (sorry Kell you're losing your room). It has the biggest closet and a Jack and Jill bath which is why we chose this room... the closet will make a great playroom!


We have decided that the nursery colors are going to be burlap, cream, midnight blue and a lighter blue/gray. We are going to paint most of the walls burlap with a blue/gray accent wall (the wall by the closet in the picture above). Then we are going to paint a midnight blue and cream stripe (well the professional painters are going to do the stripes) around the perimeter. Hopefully it will turn out like I have it pictured in my head!


The crib bedding has multiple prints: stars, whales and gingham. I am not a huge fan of "themed" nurseries, so this nursery will not have a "theme". It really is just going to be a hodge podge of those things that I really like! Hence, the baskets with the stripes, ticking, whales and paisley prints.

So far my most favorite is the vintage Little Toot clock that I bought at the market a couple of years ago. It will go perfectly with what we have picked out thus far!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like it is going to be super cute!!

The McMillian's said...

I cannot wait to see it all put together! I know that it will look super cute...you are such a great decorator!!

P.S. You have to LOVE those market items....:)