Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Traditions...

I love them!

I think that family traditions are one of the most important things about family. Traditions are the things that you remember, always. They are the things that no matter how old you are, you continue them for the sake of passing them along from generation to generation.

Every Christmas Eve my mom, dad, brother and I would make the drive from Dearborn to Platte City on the lookout for Rudolph's red nose. Almost every year we would find a light in the sky that shined bright red and we knew that Santa was already making his rounds. When we'd arrive home we would snuggle in with Twas the Night Before Christmas and then we'd set out cookies and milk for Santa. As I reflect back on this family Christmas tradition, it brings a smile to my face. It is something that I will always hold dear.

When my parents presented Sayer and Greyson with the recordable Twas the Night Before Christmas book last week with them reading that story to my kids, once again I couldn't help but smile and shed a few tears. See, with this gift, my kids and I will forever get to listen to my parents, their grandparents read us this special story.

This tradition will forever live on in this house! And for that, I am grateful!




No comments: