Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 23, 2009

Trip to New York

On a recent business trip to New York, I was amazed to see what my client's view from their office building was...


the conference rooms in the building overlook the Hudson River and their building is located directly across from where the Twin Towers once stood. They have an amazing view of downtown Manhattan.


There is a boardwalk that runs along the front of the river and at the end of the boardwalk is Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. I just kept thinking to myself... if only I could look at this everyday. What a great environment for working.




Then on the way back to the airport I realized the traffic was NOT something that I could live with. Even in the middle of the day traffic in NYC is horrific!

In front of the office building are several memorials to 9-11. A piece of the WTC, a fireman's tribute and a marble etching. I talked to several employees that day who relived their account of 9-11 with me. They could see the entire events unfold and all actually saw both trade towers fall. What an emotional day for them. I can't even begin to imagine.


The most recent event that they watched unfold in front of their eyes was "Miracle on the Hudson". They actually saw the rescue of the passengers and the plane get retrieved from the water.


AMAZING!!

No comments: