Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Fun at the Farm!

The past couple of weekends Mom, Aunt Karen and I have been at my grandparents farm going through their house getting ready for their Estate Sale. That has been a very emotional, difficult process for us! So many memories...

Today Sayer went with me for the first time since Grandpa's funeral in January. He had such a good time! We walked all over the farm enjoying the trees, the shade, the breeze and every smell! I couldn't help but shed a few tears walking around their land as I thought about what it was like to spend time there as a kid climbing trees, riding 4-wheelers and just being with my grandparents! Some of the best memories of my life!!!

I mourned the fact that my son will never be able to experience life on the farm like I did with Grandpa and Grandma Williams. And in just a few short months we won't be able to go to the farm and walk around and enjoy it as we have my entire life! I know my grandparents would have enjoyed spending time on the farm with my son (their first great grandson) like nothing else in the entire world!

Today Grandpapa Jenks fired the tractor up for the first time in a long time and was able to share the same joy that my Grandpa shared with my brother, Justin and I, giving his own grandson a tractor ride. Sayer loved it! And I'm pretty sure Grandpa and Grandma Williams were smiling down from heaven enjoying it just the same!


No comments: