Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 10, 2008

Jason's Place!

Mom and I made a trip to Tennessee this weekend to visit Jason. He was busy with work and unable to come home, so we headed south! SURPRISE!

I had an idea on the flight down that we should paint his kitchen and the upstairs sitting area just outside of his bedroom... what a lofty project list for only two and a half days!

We made HUGE changes in the kitchen in just a day. I wish I had taken a before and after picture! We painted, Jason installed puck lighting under his cabinets and we furnished it with the table / chairs / picture / candleholder and mini blinds. What a transformation!

Sunday we attacked the upstairs sitting area... deciding to paint it cranberry (the color of our dining room) and stone. The two colors looked fabulous together and what a change in that room as well. It turned out great! The black and white photos of his travels will look great against the cranberry backdrop.
Jason really liked all of the changes that we made to his place over the weekend... I think mom and I will be paying for it for a few days though... today I am SORE!

Regardless, it was worth all of the effort. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat for my little brother. His first place is something he should really be proud of... I know we are! And we are proud of him too!

No comments: